NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
时间:2023-12-12 05:25:47 出处:음악阅读（143）
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- Creta partners with LoL producer Thomas Vu
- Han Sung Motor commits to give back to society
- FNC's new boy group Ampers&One debuts with energetic, youthful single
- Why Suneung is always on a Thursday
- Cheorwon to open complete Hantan River trail
- US approves possible sale of SM
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
- S. Korea, US revise deterrence strategy amid growing NK threats
- 4 contentious bills scrapped in revote after Yoon's veto